Top Notch Timber Frames – A Notch Above the Rest
|If you are considering building a timber frame home, there are a few things you need to factor in as part of your decision.|
Custom Timber Frame Homes Built in Maine
Top Notch Timber Frames are Maine timber framers. We have been building timber frame homes in Southern Maine and throughout New England since 1995. Learn more about our Custom Timber Frame Homes, SIPs Panel Installation, or Custom House Framing Services.
Timber frame homes and buildings have been around for centuries, in fact, there was a revival of sorts in the early 1970’s where framers decided to revisit the “old” style of timber framing while adding new technologies and energy efficient practices. As a result, our team of Maine timber framers specializes in building a timber frame home that offers the functionality of timber framing with traditional joinery and the benefits of modern tools, concepts, and super energy efficient framing methods.
Our Maine timber framers know the primary benefits of building a timber frame home over traditional framing are:
• Can be quickly erected – an “average size” timber frame home can be framed in 2-3 days.
• Can use recycled or repurposed timber if requested.
• Offers structural benefits that last over many decades and even centuries.
• Large spaces between frames allows for greater flexibility or openness in the floor plan, making it easy to relocate doors or windows if necessary during construction or in the future.
• Well suited for modular construction and prefabrication.